Hiring a roofer? Here’s our go-to checklist.
Homeowners in Gig Harbor, Tacoma, and Port Orchard have trusted Rainy Day Exteriors for decades. Over the years, we have come to be trusted advisors and take our role as your go-to roofing contractor seriously. If you are considering getting a new roof, use the following checklist to help you make the best decision.
1. Check for Licensing and Insurance: Verify that the roofer you plan to hire is licensed and insured. Ask for a copy of their license and proof of insurance to ensure they are properly qualified and covered in case of accidents or damage.
2. Check for Local References: Ask the roofer for a list of references from recent jobs in your area. Contact those references to inquire about their experience with the roofer.
3. Get a Detailed Written Estimate: Request a written estimate that outlines the scope of work, materials needed, and the total cost of the project. Ensure that the estimate includes details such as payment terms, start and completion dates, and any warranties or guarantees.
4. Research the Roofer’s Online Reputation: Check the roofer's online reviews and ratings on reputable sites such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, or Google. Look for any complaints, lawsuits, or negative feedback that may indicate potential issues.
5. Inquire about Permits: Ask the roofer if permits will be needed for the roofing work and who will be responsible for obtaining them.
6. Ask about the Installation Process: Inquire about the installation process, the materials that will be used, and any potential issues that may arise during the project.
7. Clarify Cleanup Expectations: Clarify the roofer’s cleanup expectations after the job is complete, including the removal of old roofing materials and any other debris.
8. Understand the Warranty: Ensure that you fully understand the roofer's warranty and any limitations or exclusions that may apply.
By following these steps, you will find a roofer who will provide quality work and peace of mind for your roofing project. Of course, we want to be your go-to roofer, so put us through this checklist, too, and then give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you.