The Steps to Getting a New Roof
A new roof for your home in Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, or Tacoma is a big task, and if you’re looking to get a new roof, you’re likely wondering, “What is the process?” Here is a quick rundown:
1. Get recommendations from friends and neighbors. Word-of-mouth recommendations are almost always the best. Read what our customers have to say.
2. Call and get estimates and inspections from at least three roofing contractors. Also, ask them when they would be able to schedule your installation.
3. Take the time you need to compare estimates. Consider details like the contract and warranty. For a full rundown on considerations check out this blog post.
4. Make your decision and notify the contractor. They will then get you on the schedule, and get all necessary materials ordered.
5. Sign the contract – before any work is done – get that contract signed. You’ll also likely pay a deposit, which can range from 30-50% of the estimate.
6. Have your roof installed, and make sure all materials are cleaned up.
7. Make your final payment.
As always, Rainy Day Exteriors is happy to help get you started. Give us a call today to set up a free inspection and estimate